Technical Marketing • Technology Evangelist • Product Manager
Customer Advocacy – Technical Training – Author and Blogger – International Experience – Presenter – Project Manager – Self Starter – Storyteller – Trusted Brand
- Creator of technical training that’s still being used for customer retention and education
- Increased viewership of Cisco Live on-demand in both Europe and US
- Engage customers through multiple media platforms
- Known to customers and partners as trusted technical advisor
With technical experience and superior soft skills, I am able to convey the right blend of marketing and technical detail to potential and current customers.
- Several years of experience creating easily understood collateral, speaking the language of the customer, resulting in 100s of thousands of views
- Adept at creating technical training videos from scripting, to design, recording, and editing, as proven by thousands of views and great reviews.
- As the author of two books and hundreds of blogs, I’m a proven writer who has become trusted in the technical community
- By decreasing fluff and increasing technical content, while always conveying passion, I helped increase viewership of Cisco Live on-demand
- Increased customer awareness of various products by developing creative video series, leading directly to follow up through calls to action
- As a key player in several product launches, I’ve been a part of some of Cisco’s fastest ramp ups
2/17 – Present • Cisco – Technical Marketing Engineer
As the technical host on Cisco TechWiseTV, I’m able to show my passion for technology I believe in, and increase customer awareness and education.
- 100s of thousands of subscribers to YouTube channel driving product adoption through the Cisco Internet TV show TechWiseTV
- Five star reviews from decision-making customers watching TechWiseTV Workshops, interactive webinars I host about Cisco solutions
- Project manage each show by working with PMs, TMEs, PMMs, and other teams to ascertain the correct message for each show, resulting in as many as 20,000+ views for an individual show
- As a host for the online Cisco Live conference, I get from 60,000 – 100,000 live views from customers and partners unable to attend the show in person.
7/14 – 2/17 • Cisco – Technical Marketing Engineer
Helped launch and drive customer adoption of Cisco ACI and Cisco Cloud Center by creating customer and partner facing technical collateral. I was able to affect change in this BU by really owning my strengths as an evangelist.
- Thousands of unique views of ACI PluralSight courses I created and currently the BU still directs customers to these videos to help with training and adoption
- Increase visibility of ACI by thousands through blogs, podcast appearances, webinars, and live and recorded tech talks
- Drive sales of Nexus 9000 switches and ACI by writing white papers such as Cisco Nexus 9000 Series Switches: Integrate Programmability into Your Data Center
- Scale training content by leading the project to guide several learning partners with their technical training collateral creation
1/14 – 7/14 • Network Storage Inc – Technical Virtualization Architect
Pre-sales engineer focused mainly on VMware’s full portfolio, Cisco UCS, and EMC VNX
- Help customers understand the value of investing beyond VMware vSphere Essentials deployments to Horizon Suite, vCenter Operations, and other non-core VMware products
- Build trust by presenting demos and white boarding sessions to customers as well as internal sales reps and engineers
7/12 – 7/14 • Network Storage Inc – Systems Implementation Engineer
Post-sales engineer focused mainly on VMware’s full portfolio, Cisco UCS, and EMC VNX
- Travel to customer (SMB and Enterprise) sites to install and repair software and hardware products sold by Network Storage Inc.
7/10-7/12 • Iasta – Systems Engineer
Managed IT infrastructure for a startup SaaS company
- Designed and implemented new network topology, which allowed us to create more policy based security, monitoring, and performance optimization
8/99-5/03 Hillsdale College • Bachelor of Science • Computational Mathematics
- Author of VMware vCenter Operations Manager Essentials, Operating Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure, and multiple Cisco ACI PluralSight courses
- Co-host/creator of Tech Village Podcast
- Editor at https://github.com/CiscoDevNet/ helping to update, maintain, and correct Cisco DevNet’s training modules